I have been having a read of a few blogs, forums and the likes and have found the most common question on many of these sites is can someone give us an example of a Slow Carb Diet Menu! Please.
I guess when people are talking about a Menu it is what would someone eat in a day. So the best thing I can do is give you an idea of what I have been Choosing to eat at each meal and how I space them out.
Slow Carb Meal Timing
In Tim Ferris’s – The Four Hour Body. Tim talks about the way he does it. He chooses to eat 4 times per day. But when reading closely he does not place a huge emphasis on multiple meals. His biggest focus is on starting the day with a Hi Protein Breakfast within 30 Minutes of waking and making sure there is a couple of hours between dinner and bed to let your food settle.
Based on this My guideline is do what works for you but make sure you are hitting at least 3 meals. From My experience I have played around with:
- 3 Meals
- 3 Meals + 1 Meaty Snack
- 4 Meals
- 4 Meals + Vegetable Snack
- 5 Meals
All seem to work but What I seem to work my way back to is 3 Meals. As I never used to eat breakfast and was on more of a 2 Meal Variation this is a big enough change. I will some times throw in the snack of a Whisked up spicy Avocado, some dried meat or a celery stick here and there if I get peckish. I have not ventured in to nuts for different reasons.
I guess in this sections I am going to List out what I am doing at different Points. I will just list the Meals and you can chop and Change. It is not hard to whip up a quick Excel Spreadsheet with all the details on.
- Organic Bacon & 3 Full Eggs. This is the one meal of the day I have kept the same as I get accustomed to this whole Breakfast thing. I Add a bit of Salt and Pepper. If i have Some Fresh Parsley or Chives I add them to the eggs. But I keep it quite simple. As who does not love Bacon and Eggs.
- Chicken & Beef Sausages (Whole Meat with Spices), Cucumber, Avocado and Lettuce Salad. (Picture Above)
- Tuna, Coleslaw and a bit of Mayo(Home Made Mayo is mainly oil and egg so it is fine)
- Re fried Beans, Cabbage & Cucumber
- Slow Carb Chilli – Lots of Beans, Meat, Peppers, Onions and Spices (Can get a bit old so don’t eat too much in one week)
- Scotch Fillet Pepper Steak with Broccoli and thinly Sliced Zhuchini strips in a bit of soy sauce.
- Beef or Turkey Burgers on Portabello Mushrooms with Salad
- Large Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Salad
- Shaved Billtong (South African Dried Beef – Like Jerky)
- Celery Sticks
- Some Times Carrots (not a top choice though)
This is what I have started off with. Please feel free to chuck some recipes below or idea’s in the Comments Section. the more the Merrier. I can not wait to try the Pulled Pork Recipe in the Slow Carb Cook Book. That just looks great.
Keep This Bookmarked as i will add to the menu as I add to it. But remember to keep your Slow Carb Diet Menu with not to many variations so you don’t get lost in choice.